
For the last 12 years, David has been on a regular routine of physical exercise. In the Navy, they call it PT. He has to pass a PT test every 6 months. Scores from this test go on his record. In 12 years, he's never failed a PT test. (We've known guys that have failed 3 PT tests in a row and have been "kicked out" of the Navy) When he was on the ship, he and his friend Billy had a great routine of exercise. I'll have to say that David looks GOOD. And let's face it we're not spring chickens. No, we're not OLD yet, but David is 37 and looks fantastic. Me, not so much, but I'm still going to use the "I've had 3 kids" card for a while.
I have been working on exercising better. I got some awesome running shoes for my birthday...gift to myself...and I love walking/jogging/running in them. I've been doing that for about 2 months...off and on.
The biggest challenge we face is getting the kids to exercise. This is one of the biggest challenges of homeschooling. I just don't love to get all three kids out there exercising and when it's 9000 degrees and 100% humidity in Virginia, NO ONE wants to exercise outside.
So, last Christmas, we got a Wii. We use it a lot. We have really enjoyed the family time with the games and the exercise. (Although my Wii character hides her face and slouches her big fat butt every time I do a weigh in...WHATEVER!)
However, this summer has been a big challenge! Not only was it so hot, but David was gone, and he is usually the source of motivation for us. And, part of our coping with a lonely house in the evening while he was gone...going out to eat. I admit, this is all my fault, but we used our outings at night to avoid the crying and heartbreaking sobbing of going to bed without Daddy.
Anyway, I am sorry for our lack of exercise. Jacob has been getting a gut, and he's only 11. So, when David got home, he started putting together a routine of kids exercises and we decided to do a homeschool PT program. Unfortunately, he's going to have to do it with them for now, I had a little accident with my foot and am off of it for awhile. (See Post "Crabs")
Today was our first day of PT. I took the dog out and took pictures while the kids and David did a little PT, or as the kids would call it if they were in school P.E.
I think this will be fun, and I hope the kids get a better lesson in exercise from me from now on.





Even Pepper got some exercise.
No comments:
Post a Comment